Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Summer Reading Ideas...

Spring is upon us and before long summer vacations will be uppermost in our minds. God’s creation has a certain rhythm—warmth follows a chill, and recreation follows a job well done. And so it is that spring typically brings a lull in many of our church activities, and perhaps in your personal spiritual growth.

Rhythms are good. Rest is a blessing. That’s why God created the Sabbath. But at the same time spring and summer do not need to be times of idle fruitlessness. For example, a good book can enhance the relaxation we feel on a long summer afternoon, or while enjoying the sun on the beach. 

Last year I recommended two books for you to read over the spring and summer, and was pleasantly surprised by the number of you who took up the challenge. So this year I'd like to suggest two more titles that might just change your outlook on your relationship with Jesus. Maybe you can add them to your reading list. And also like last year, I want to make you an offer I hope you can’t refuse! I found each of these titles to be so good, and their messages so badly needed by Christ’s church, that I’ll pay for you to read them. If you are willing to pick up a copy of either book for yourself and bring me the receipt, I’ll reimburse you for the cost. That’s how badly I want these words to be heard, digested and, hopefully, acted upon.

This year's titles are:
Not a Fan, by Kyle Idleman, and;
A Worship-Filled Life, by Marcos Witt

Enjoy the change of season!
Blessings,
Pastor Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment